Booklist Reader – February 2023
English | 38 pages | pdf | 12.18 MB
It’s chilly in Chicago in February, which means it’s the perfect time to warm up with the comfort of books and reading, especially historical fiction and romance. February is also Black History Month, which we observe with Donna Seaman’s outstanding feature “Black Lives and Art Under Jim Crow and Beyond” (p.4). Highlighting Black and BIPOC authors is a focus of ours, not just this month, but year-round in every issue and feature. February is also a month when many of us, prompted by Valentine’s Day, celebrate love and romance. So perhaps you’ll want to stoke the fire with John Charles’ “Love On and Off the Set” (p.10), or Heather Booth’s “Teen Romance in Two Voices” (p.19), or Ronny Khuri’s “Love & Sports” (p.31). Grab the roses, sweets, and great books (and for me, reading glasses!) and have a bright, brilliant, and warm February, filled with romance and learning, all empowered by reading.
Are you reading Booklist Reader digitally, but want it in print? Talk to your library, bookstore, or visit us online at booklistonline.com for more information.
Interested in more great content from Booklist?
• Check out our Shelf Care and Shelf Care Interview podcasts available from your favorite podcast app
• Sign up for our e-newsletters: booklistonline.com/newsletters
• Check out even more free content in the Booklist Blog: booklistonline.com/booklist-blog
• To learn more about our advisory board, staff, and reviewers please visit: booklistonline.com/staff
• For more information about Booklist Reader and Booklist please visit: www.booklistonline.com/faq
Follow us on social:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube